Organised to coincide with the World Championships, the World Youth Netball Festival provides a celebration of the game. With teams invited from New Zealand, UK, South Africa and China as well as the host nation, it is an opportunity not to be missed. The event not only gives pupils the opportunity to visit one of the most vibrant cities on the planet whilst competing against teams from the other side of the globe, but also offers a fantastic opportunity to experience different cultures and way of life.
The World Championship matches will all be held at the impressive 21,000 seat "Allphones Arena", previously known as the "Sydney Super Dome". Opened in 1999 for the Sydney Olympics in 2000 it remains the largest indoor sports facility in the Country. A world record crowd of over 14,000 saw Australia defeat New Zealand in 2004 and you be sure that record crowd will be emulated at this event. We will give you the chance to be at some of the games at the Olympic Park.
Along with the chance to play against international competition, participants will be able to take in the many sights of Sydney with tours of the Sydney Opera House, Harbour Bridge and many more, as well as soaking up the fever of the World Championships.
Following the Youth Netball Festival there is the opportunity to turn your trip into a true tour of a lifetime with an extra week visiting either Gold Coast, Perth, Melbourne, or even New Zealand. We can add in a stopover on the way out or back in either Singapore, Dubai, or Hong Kong, depending on the airline.
A sample itinerary for this this trip can be found below;
7 AUG 2015 - Depart London for Sydney (connection in Dubai)
8 AUG 2015 - In flight
9 AUG 2015 - Arrive in the Sydney in the early morning where you will be greeted by a Tours 4 Sport Representative before being transferred to your accommodation located on Darling Harbour. The afternoon and evening will be at leisure to recover from the long flight. Sydney overnight
10 AUG 2015 - Morning city sights tour of Sydney including the Harbour Bridge, Opera House, the Rocks district and the iconic Bondi Beach. The city sights tour will finish in the afternoon before you return to your accommodation for evening at leisure.
11 AUG 2015 - Fixtures against Australian and International Competition in Sydney
12 AUG 2015 - Fixtures against Australian and International Competition in Sydney
13 AUG 2015 - Day at leisure: Visit one of Sydney’s wildlife parks to view some of Australia’s unique wildlife or take a day trip to the magnificent Blue Mountains
14 AUG 2015 - Fixtures, playing against Australian and International Competition in Sydney
15 AUG 2015 - Spend the day exploring the many sights of Sydney
16 AUG 2015 - After breakfast transfer to airport for your flight home
17 AUG 2015 - Arrive into Singapore for a 2 night stay in a comfortable 4* Hotel. Enjoy the afternoon exploring this modern Asian city, with its fine shopping and multicultural vibe.
18 AUG 2015 - Day at leisure in Singapore for own activities
19 AUG 2015 - Flight back to the UK
Prices start from £2,299 per person with tour packages including:
- Return economy flights from UK to Sydney
- Accommodation in Australia: 7 nights of comfortable shared accommodation including breakfast.
- 2 nights accommodation in a 4* Hotel in Singapore including breakfast
- Airport Transfers in Australia and Singapore
- Transfers to and from the Netball Fixtures/tournament
- Transfers to and from Wildlife Park
- Sydney City Sights Tour, including the Harbour Bridge, Opera House, Circular Quay and Botanical Gardens.
- Arrangement of fixtures as part of the 2015 World Youth Netball Festival (minimum of 3 fixtures)
- Opportunity to purchase tickets to see World Championship Matches
- Admission into Wildlife Park for all participants and accompanying staff.
- Tour hand luggage rucksack and Polo Shirt for each tourist
- A complete and detailed itinerary will be updated regularly until departure.
- Fully Comprehensive Travel and Medical Insurance
- ATOl bonded and ATOL protected
Tours 4 Sport have years of experience and expertise to ensure that all arrangements run smoothly and you and your school are able to sample life down under to the full. If you want to experience this unique tour experience, please contact our long haul sports tour specialists who will be able to help. Call 0800 0433887 or email firstname.lastname@example.org